South Delta Share Club
EMPOWERING INDIVDUAL INVESTORS
The principle behind a Share Club is the sharing of investment skills and knowledge. Each individual member makes his/her own investing decisions for portfolio management. This is not an investment club. We discuss all aspects of personal financial planning such as savings/investing, taxation, insurance, estate planning, etc.
Our club relies on building of trust among members to share information and receive information for the benefit of all.
The desired atmosphere in a Club should be such that:
- There is an opportunity to learn and acquire skills
- There is a strong element of member trust
- The interaction with other members is open
- A sharing/learning environment exists
- There is a commitment to participate and attend meetings regularly
- Welcome opening remarks
- Three basic formats
- Guest Speaker
- Presentation by member(s)
- Open forum for sharing
- Agenda is member generated. Members suggest items to be discussed.